JNE’s Gathering with its Fellow National Press, Creative Industry May become the Rescuer of Indonesian National Economy

01 June 2018

BANDUNG: Creative industry is projected to become the main support for the future Indonesian exports in the middle of rapid development of digital economy. At the same time, logistic industries have also positively grown as the movement of goods from the producers to the end-consumers requires the efficient and timely logistics.

The above conclusion is the Focus Group Discussion’s underlying causes of JNE’s gathering with its fellow National press (Cool JNE) [Kumpul Bareng Kawan Pers Nasional (JNE Keren)] II entitled Logistics Zaman Now [Logistics in this Present Era]: Globally Competing with Creative Industry held at Grand Mercure Setiabudi, Bandung (5/31/2018).

The invited speakers include the Chairman of West Java Chamber of Commerce and industry, Agung Suryamal; a creative industry entrepreneur as well as a celeb-gram, Rima Bawazier; JNE VP of Marketing, Eri Palgunadi; the Chairman of Indonesian Supply Chain, Setijadi; and Sub Directorate Head of Indonesian Creative City Development of Creative Economic Agency, Slamet Aji Pamungkas.

JNE VP of Marketing, Eri Palgunadi explained that since operating, his company has already supported the micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) to well introduce at the national level.

In August this year, he added, JNE is in cooperation with one market place to choose 10 MSMEs to be supervised in order to well compete in both national and international level. "The key is the users. During this time, only about 7% -10% of goods sold online is the local products, while the other 90% is overseas products," he explained. Eri also said that JNE has built a customer database through JNE Loyality Card (JLC).

Through JLC, he may figure out the customers’ habits in delivering packages at once to serve based on the customers’ needs. "Although only through a card, we may figure out the costumers’ habits," he explained.

The Sub Directorate Head of Indonesian Creative City Development of Creative Economic Agency, Slamet Aji Pamungkas stated one example of successful countries considering the creative economy as its economic support is the United States. This well known country as Uncle Sam has a record of creative economy export value beating its weapon export value. Thus, he said that the government will encourage the monetization of creative economic products in global arenas. One proposed by the Creative Economy Agency is campaigning Indonesia to become the center of world's Muslim fashion in 2025, and Bandung as a Muslim fashion city in Indonesia," he explained.

A fashion entrepreneur as well as a celeb-gram, Rima Bawazier said that the works of designers of Indonesian Muslim fashion may compete with those of overseas designers. When representing Indonesia at an exhibition in Chicago, United States, sponsored by the Creative Economic Agency in 2016, she said that her Muslim fashion works were largely admired by the US citizens of Middle East descendents. "They said that the designs are unique, interesting, and so colorful," she said.

The Chairman of West Java Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Agung Suryamal hopes that Indonesia may have its own international brand to compete with Hermes, one famous international bag brand and others. "I think the original bag products from Garut may equally compete with the other famous brand bags’ quality," he explained.

JNE’s gathering with its fellow national press was attended by the journalists and bloggers from Bandung and its surroundings. Previously, a similar event was held in Jakarta entitled the Evaluation of 3 Traffic Management Policies of Cikampek-Jakarta Toll Road by inviting the Minister of Transportation, Budi Karya Sumadi; Head of Jabodetabek Transportation Management Agency, Bambang Prihartono; the Chairman of Indonesian Supply Chain, Setijadi; Asperindo Vice Chairman, Budi Paryanto and JNE President Director, Mohamad Feriadi.

Customer Care (021) 2927 8888